Friday 27 April 2012

April Glossy Box -spoilers-

If you're waiting for your April Glossy Box you may not want to read this, I know I like suprises too much.  If you're thinking about getting one (£12.95 a month including p&p) this should give a good idea of what you can expect.
As soon as I saw the box I knew the theme.....green/natural/organic. The box is from recycled material, you can see the little wood chips in the close up picture.
April Glossy Box
Close up of the logo and the grain of the box
I don't like to look at the description card until I've seen all the items myself, but just for you, here it is.
The paper inside the box is all recycled and the ribbon was pale brown to match.  I really like the over-all feel of this box, it's quite a stark contrast to the Harrod's box last month.

So pretty!

I was really excited to straight away spot to good make-up items (if you can count balm as make-up, and I do).  First off there is the Inika Cosmetics Certified Organic Eyeliner.  It's a full size, gotta love that.  I got the colour Graphite, a lovely neutral satin grey (my sister got Cocoa, a dark brown).

Graphite with flash
Graphite in natural light
 Next is the Caudalie Vinsosourse SOS Thirst-quenching Serum, should be £29.00.  I'm quite excited by this as I've never used a serum before (I can't bare to spend that much on skin care). I wanted to get this unveiling up as soon as possible so I'll report back on how I like it.

 This is the Ayuuri Natural Body Wash in Sandalwood.  This smell probably isn't for everyone but I really like it.  It's quite earthy and musky and yet still quite fresh.  I can see from the leaflet that another 3 scents are in other boxes so I'll be interested to see which.  I'm going to save this for when I move next week, too good to share with my family ;-)

This smells soooooo divine!  Very turkish delight-y, I want to eat it.  It is the Figs & Rouge Lip Balm in Rambling Rose for lips and skin.  This is going straight in my everyday bag and hopefully no one will try to eat me.

Figs & Rouge lip balm
 The 5th item is Kai Perfume Oil.  It's a very small sample so I think I'll only get a few wears, probably not enough to decide whether I would buy it.  It seems smaller than the samples you would normally get for perfume.  It smells of 'gardenia wrapped in white exotics' which is just a bit too floral for me. I much prefer musks and citrus scents.  It is pretty and girlie though and I may just be able to pull it off in summer.  I'm wearing it today so shall see how long the scent lasts.



Hope you liked that brief un-boxing of the April Glossy Box.  I just wanted to get it up quickly as the first boxes were arriving today and by the end of the day there will probably by 48723474358 reviews.  I may be talk more in-depth on some of the items later on.  Thanks for reading! 

Also, if you were interested in subscribing for a Glossy Box, you could do it with my refer-a-friend code here http://www.glossybox.co.uk/invitation/NjU1MTA=?utm_source=Customers&utm_medium=link&utm_term=NjU1MTA=&utm_campaign=Refer-a-friend/

No comments:

Post a Comment