Thursday 9 February 2012

Dark side of the moon

I've just seen the trailer for Iron Sky.  It's a scifi comedy about a load of Nazis who've been hiding on the other side of the moon, coming out to attack earth after 70 years there.  I think it looks like a rather fun way to spend a couple of hours and it's definitely proved popular at the Berlin International Film Festival.  What do you think of it?

** Possible SPOILER ALERT**
Yesterday I saw The Grey at my local Cineworld.  You may have seen the poster while driving; a close up of Liam Neeson with some snow and a scratch on his face.  Doesn't give too much away.  Not sure if it's a film you could really spoil though.  The basic premise is there is a plane crash (and a pretty horrific one at that) into some seriously snowy place where there be wolves.  Have to survive the cold and the wolves.
It was a very tense watch and I'll admit I jumped a few times.  I felt like the ending was quite lazy.  Although it pleased my friend, I did not find it conclusive enough.  I think it was a good film but I don't think I'll be seeing it again.  I'm too squeamish and it made me feel cold :-P
Verdict: 3/5

Rather than do a backlog of reviews I will just rate what I have seen that is currently out (I still have a lot to watch).
Chronicle 4/5 - at least, may need to watch again to bump it up
Young Adult 3/5 - just too awkward
The Artist 3/5 - good but just not my cup of tea
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo 5/5 - as good as the Swedish one
Puss in Boots 3/5 - didn't have expectations going in, light-hearted fun

No comments:

Post a Comment